Representative Avery Bourne (R-Raymond) is proud to announce the winners of her annual Art Contest. The Art Contest was open to students in Illinois’ 95th House District and was judged by a local high school art teacher. Bourne hosted the contest in an effort to promote the arts and recognize the artistic talents of local students.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners were selected in two groups; kindergarten through 4th grade and 5th through 8th grade. The first place winners in each group will have the opportunity to spend the day with Rep. Bourne at the Statehouse and all winners will go on a tour of the Capitol Building. Additionally, winning artists will be recognized in the House Chambers and then have their work displayed in Rep. Bourne’s office.
Winners are announced by name, grade, school, and title of their work:
K-4th Grade Winners
- 1st– Madison Slayton, 4th grader at Raymond Grade School, “Illinois The Great, Great, Great”
- 2nd– Antonio Valentin, 3rd grader at Beckemeyer Elementary, “Sunset”
- Tied for 3rd– Brayden Morris, 3rd grader at Raymond Grade School, “Wood Farms, Inc.” Tied for 3rd- Tucker Armentrout, 2nd grader at Raymond Grade School, “Wonderful President”
5-8th Grade Winners
- 1st– Mylie Corso, 5th grader at VisionWay Christian School, “Illinois”
- 2nd– Alex Frailey, 5th grader at Beckemeyer Elementary, “Tiny Town U.S.A.”
- 3rd– Melanie Murphy, 5th grader at Carlinville Intermediate, “IL: Land of Lincoln”